I feel compelled to write this blog post to share my beliefs in a more complete form. During my in-progress-transformation into a more spiritually connected and awake woman, there have been questions, misunderstandings, and a lot left unsaid from people in my life.
I am thankful for the questions, and the doubts, and the concerns, because they offer me a moment of reflection and definition; who is the person that I am becoming in this moment? While I believe this person will be a very different person in a month, a year and 10 years, I find the exercise of self-definition useful right now.
My core beliefs (not an exhaustive list)
- Everything changes. People change, relationships change, seasons change, light changes to dark and back to light again. Material things degrade, and our bodies degrade. Your reactions to this blog post will change. My core beliefs, will probably change.
- There is no death. Everything changes, but energy is never created or destroyed, it is just transformed. When a physical body dies, the soul/life force returns to the universal soul and eventually is re-born.
- Every human, animal and plant-being is divine and sacred. We all come from God/ Allah/ The Divine/ Great Spirit/ Yahweh/ Supreme Consciousness etc. Use whatever name floats your boat, they are all the same. We are all made of Spirit. We are all incredible magical divine beings.
- Actions bring reactions. Every thing I do causes a chain of actions in response. E.g. if I kill a mosquito, that will come back to bite me in another way. (this particular example is very challenging for me, but mosquitos are divine too!) If I choose to act from love, I will get love back.
- I am connected with every other human on this planet. Our life force comes from the universal spirit (God/Allah/The Divine/ Great Spirit/ Yahweh/Supreme Consciousness, etc.) we all come from the same place. We all share the same exact feelings of pain, loneliness, suffering, love, joy, loss, anger, abandonment, freedom, etc. Not only are we as humans connected, we are integrally connected to our planet, our solar system, the dirt, and every atom in this universe. Our actions impact the world we live in.
- All religions lead to the same place.
- Politics, borders, racism, classism, sexism, authority and capitalism are bullshit in the forms they exist in today. There is a lot that comes from systems we have in place as a society that causes pain and is a distraction from the truth that we all have the capacity to love, be loved, and live in harmony.
- TV promotes this bullshit. I stopped watching it.
- We as a society operate from a place of fear. constantly. Including me. I'm working constantly to shed this fear. See this blog post.
- We as a human race need collective healing.
- We are responsible for our own happiness.
- The Earth is a living breathing entity and we are alive because she allows us to be here.
- Plants have wisdom, and are integral to our healing.
- Everyone should practice yoga and meditate. Integration of mind, body, and spirit is the way in to love and truth.
- We need more feminine. Feminine doesn't mean females, feminine means more intuitive, nurturing, nourishing, relationship-based, wise energy in our way of operating as a society. Tuning into this is a big reason I left my corporate job, which rewarded more analytical, linear thinking, logic and hierarchical categorization. And I was stuck in conference rooms all day.
- Important addition: THE GODDESS IS REAL.
- Now is now. The past is gone and can be let go. The future does not exist and thinking about it causes anxiety.
- Love is truth. Truth is love. I'm constantly working on trusting this.
- I don't know everything, but I am seeking truth in all ways, always.